A full mouth reconstruction is a process of rebuilding or restoring the structures of the mouth. It can include a variety of treatments and procedures as well as the involvement of several dental professionals. Our Culver City full mouth reconstruction expert may recommend the procedure if you have suffered severe dental trauma, have a significant bite or structural abnormalities, have extensive decay or have advanced periodontitis.
If you are a candidate for a full mouth reconstruction, our expert in full mouth reconstruction in Culver City will begin with a comprehensive oral evaluation. We may take records such as dental X-rays to determine the extent of the damage or disease and will then recommend a course of action that addresses:
- Your teeth – Condition of teeth, the presence of decay, missing teeth and other issues will all be noted.
- Your gums – Your gums work with your jawbone to create a foundation for your teeth. Gum disease can affect the outcome of your full mouth rehabilitation and must be addressed to improve your results.
- Your jawbone and jaw joint – Joint abnormalities or decreased bone tissue can lead to an unstable bite and an increased risk of bruxism and TMJ disorders as well as cosmetic and other health issues.
- Your bite – A healthy, properly aligned bite is not only more attractive but is also more functional and comfortable.
- Overall aesthetics
Full Mouth Reconstruction Culver City
Treatment recommendations can vary based on the type and extent of dental health issues that are present, your own current health and your smile goals. Treatments and procedures recommended during a full mouth reconstruction can include:
- Periodontal care
- Jaw repositioning surgery
- Gum or bone tissue grafts
- Tooth-colored fillings, inlays, onlays and porcelain crowns
- Dental implants
- Dental bridges or dentures
All smiles are unique, which means that your treatment plan will also be unique. We will recommend those procedures that are most likely to help you achieve your goals. Each of your options will be thoroughly explained, and we will take the time to answer any questions that you have and address any concerns. Once we have finalized a treatment plan, you will be well on your way to a healthy, attractive new smile.
To learn more, give us a call and schedule your appointment with our dentist in Culver City.