Pediatric Dentistry Services Culver City, Upland, California
At United Dental Care, we believe in providing this care to your children in their early years. We can see your child as early as one year age. Dr.Eftekhari has twelve years of experience in general dentistry and over eight years concentrating in pediatric dentistry with over Eight Thousand happy pediatric patient treatments.
We have special facilities for your children. We ensure that your child have fun while visiting our office for dental treatment. Here is how we make sure that your child receives excellent dental care in a fun environment.
- Our offices are fully decorated for kids with stuffed animals, happy painting on the walls and equipments.
- Latest DVDs of cartoon movies on a wide screen will be playing for kids in our reception area.
- All staff and the doctor wear uniforms with cartoon characters. Kids will not see the white uniforms which usually they are afraid of.
- All staff members are trained to manage children behaviors to create a positive dental treatment experience for kids.
- We have all the necessary equipment for children’s dental treatments.
- Offices have Nitrous Oxide plumbing for managing the uncooperative pediatric patient for performing safe dental treatment.
- At the time of leaving our offices the kids will be awarded with toys, balloons, electric toothbrush, toothpaste, stickers and coloring books with dental education contents.
- Parents are given PARENT’S GUIDE FOR ORAL HYGINE booklet.
- Parents will receive Good Parents Award certificate from our offices for bringing their child for dental treatment.
- Dr. Eftekhari has Oral Conscious Sedation Certificate for children from California Dental Board Examiners to provide oral conscious sedation for children to manage uncooperative behavior to perform safe dental treatment for children.
Tell-Show-Do Approach: The doctor or assistant explains to the child what is to be done using simple terminology and repetition and then shows the child what is to be done by demonstrating with instruments on a model or the child’s or dentist’s finger. Then the procedure is performed in the child’s mouth as described. Praise is used to reinforce cooperative behavior.
Positive Reinforcement: This technique rewards the child who displays any behavior which is desirable. Rewards include compliments, praise, and a pat on the back, a hug or a prize.